Friday, August 16, 2013

Draft is Complete - The Work Begins


It's time to break out the Chardonnay.  I just finished the final chapter of Melting Sand - The Preview, the first book in a series featuring Miles Stevens, CIA agent, and his travels back in time to alter world events. By the way, I’m aware that Cab and a cigar is more in vogue, but I continue to be a tobacco free Chard writer.  

The draft is just over 90,000 words and 395 pages. Oddly, within a couple thousand words of where my first two novels ended. I’m pleased with the characters, story, and energy of the book, but now the real work begins, turning 395 pages of draft into a novel.  This is the tough part, but I hate spending months writing a novel and then having a reader start off a review telling me I changed tense twice in the same paragraph. Ugh!!!

The first chapter of Melting Sand can be seen on my blog at
 http://drshoultz.blogspot.com/p/chapter-1-october29-2027-friday-evening.html

No comments:

Post a Comment